- Learning More
- Biographical Notes
Scripto | Page Revision | Transcription
Military Service Act 1916
Revision as of Jun 26, 2019, 2:56:33 PM, edited by Ayoder1
[Ch. 104.] Military Service Act, 1916. [5 & 6 Geo. 5.]
Section 1 (1). Exceptions.
- Men ordinarily resident in His Majesty's Dominions abroad, or resident in Great Britain for the purpose only of their education or for some other special purpose.
- Members of His Majesty's regular or reserve forces, or of the forces raised by the Governments of His Majesty's Dominions, end members of the Territorial Force who are liable for foreign service of who are, in the opinion of the Army Council, not suited for foreign service.
- Men serving in the Navy, or the Royal Marines, or who, though not serving in the Navy or Royal Marines, are recommended for exception by the Admiralty.
- Men in holy order or regular ministers or any religious denomination.
- Men who have left or been discharged from the navel or military service of the Crown in consequence of disablement or ill-health (including officers who have ceased to hold a commission in consequence of disablement or ill-health), and, subject to any provision which may hereafter be made by Parliament, men who have been discharged from the naval or military service of the Crown on the termination of their period of service.
- Men who hold a certificate of exemption under this Act for the time being in force (other than a certificate of exemption from combatant service only), or who have offered themselves for enlistment and been rejected since the fourteenth day of August nineteen hundred and fifteen.
Section 2 (7). Constitution of Tribunals.
- There shall be a Local Tribunal for each local registration district under the National Registration Act, 1915, in Great Britain, or for any division of any such district which may be adopted for the purpose by the registration authority of the district, consisting of such persons, not less than five and not exceeding twenty-five in number, as may be appointed for the purpose by that authority.